Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Fresh Lime-Vanilla Yogurt Smoothie

Fresh Lime-Vanilla Yogurt Smoothie

Cool and refreshing, this is the perfect summer smoothie! I have made it three times over the last few days since it is insanely hot here and I just could not face my normal hot protein drink for breakfast. I did use fresh limes to make these, but you can probably use bottled lime juice – but the fresh juice and zest will make for a better smoothie. I plan on making these at least somewhat frequently so I made ice cubes from the juice and zest so I can make this even faster by just popping two of them into the blender and reducing the amount of normal ice cubes. You can also use a higher fat yogurt and your favorite milk if you prefer – and can also add more protein powder or omit it entirely.

4-5 ice cubes
1/2 cup fat free Greek yogurt (120 calories, 21.25 grams protein)
1/2 cup regular or low fat milk or soy milk (for testing I used low fat soy milk) (35 calories, 2 grams protein)
1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder (for testing we used Unjury Vanilla Whey Protein Powder (50 calories, 10 grams protein)
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Juice and freshly grated zest of ½ lime (10 calories)
Dash salt

Add the ice cubes to a blender or food processor and whirl until the ice cubes are crushed. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until the mixture is thick and smooth. Pour into a glass and serve chilled.

Makes 1 serving.

Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes

215 calories, 33.25 grams protein

No comments:

Post a Comment